Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday's Post! What a week!

It feels like I have been gone for weeks instead of a few days! I have missed every one so much.This is what has been going on around here for the past few days!

On Thursday evening I washed up a whole bunch of dishes and then I saw a bunch of bowls full of food that I needed to throw away. Now I know you can't put a lot in the garbage disposal....... But I must have had a senior moment because I put noodles and more pasta noodles and some other stuff right on down! When Kelly got home from work at 9:00 and went to her room..... OH my what a mess she found on the floor! Water everywhere!! and noodles! Kelly cleaned this all up but we didn't wash any more dishes. On Saturday Kelly rented a shampoo deal from Wal-Mart and cleaned her rugs. She came up stairs and run a little water and it backed up again! She said it is time for Plan B and I called the plumber on a Saturday!! He came and roti rooted the lines and didn't charge for it being a Saturday!!


Every thing was great except we couldn't find our Kitten, really Karen's kitten! Jey, Sofia, and the great grand kids were here too! So we all were in the hunt for the cat!! I will say I kept telling every one that I thought the kitty had climbed in the couch and was under the seat where I sit. Both Jey and Kelly had run their figures under the seat going Kitty Kitty and she didn't try to get them! So they looked up and down the street and in the house! We all had been praying and trying to make Karen feel better and I prayed one more time and Jey was sitting on the floor by me and he said Grandma does that deal work on your end of the couch and can we lift up your chair and I said, Yes! He lifted up the chair and He said THERE'S the kitty laying there asleep!! He yelled out the door for Karen and Kelly who were out looking for her and Karen was overjoyed to have not lost her cat!! The rest of us were too!!
We had pizza and when Jey and Sofia went home so did the Wii and I didn't have internet!! He brought it back last night!!


You all know that I have fell behind on giving out awards and doing Meme!! I am not sure when we will get the laptop back but you can't copy and paste with a Wii so I will have to do all that when I have the laptop again!
They are calling for snow again the evening!! NO kidding! But it warms up and melts the next day!! If the key board holds up I will go out now and visit you all! But if I have to point and click the Wii stick and type in one letter at a time, I will just be reading your post!! It is just too hard for me to point and click each letter!!!


Ok, Nancy is in here watching me write to my blogging friends and she is wanting me to tell every one that our neighbor Dave sent one of his boys over here a week ago Sunday with a huge plush Valentine toy doggie that is red and white for her! She loves it and was so happy to get this from them!! The boys picked it out for her. It is sitting on her bed!

13 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, it was good to hear from you. I'm sorry about the problem with the disposal. Sometimes I put a little bit in there before I turn it on and run water. I think we forget it until water backs up in the sink. Sounds like you have a septic system instead of sewer.
That was funny about the cat. I bet it was warm there and they like to get in small places. Smokey has a basket shaped like an igloo and that is where he goes when he's cold and can't get in my lap. He has a fleece blanket in it.
Have a good day tomorrow. I'm posting pictures of my quilt blocks.
Mama Bear

Barbara H. said...

So glad you found the kitty! Funny the places they hide -- and somehow the noise of calling for them doesn't bother them.

That was awful about the sink back-up! Hope this takes care of it.

I am SO glad I don't live where we have snow a lot. It's pretty, but I would have trouble getting around in it.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

Denise said...

Hello my dear friend, I have really missed you. So sorry about the disposal problems. I am thankful that you found the kitten. Please take care, I love you.

Denise said...

Give nancy, and the cute toy doggie big hugs from me.

Mary said...

Carolyn,

It is so nice to read one of your posts. I do hope that the keyboard holds up until you can get the laptop back.

We had a plumbing disaster here just before we left for vacation - in fact the day before. The tree roots had grown into the drain and it had to be cleaned out. We had to dig up the flower bed for the plumber to do it and what a mess backed up. I know how nasty that is.

Glad that you found the kitty. They will hide when there's too many around. They like a place that is warm and quiet.

Tell Nancy I'm so glad that she has her beautiful toy sitting on her bed. I bet she's as proud as punch.

Well, I finally got a post in - the first since Saturday. Take care, my friend.

Blessings,
Mary

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Grams,
I didn't visit or post myself yesterday. I have been in the bed for most of the weekend and yesterday as well. I'm feeling some better this morning and put u a new post and trying to catch up on my visiting as well. I'm sorry to hear about the Disposal problem. I am glad you got it fixed and that was so nice of the guy not to charge you anything. Most of the time the charges would be double for the weekend. I am glad the cat was found. I guess he was staying in a warm place and hibernating. LOL. I'm so glad that Nancy liked the stuffed Valentine from the neighbors. That was really nice of them. Yesterday the temperature got up to 56 degrees. Today is another story. It is very windy and colder outside. I do hope you get your laptop back soon. I know you miss it. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours. Visit when you can.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Sandi said...

I'm so glad you found kitty. They can hid so many places. It is good you can read blogs. I enjoy your blogs so much, I miss when you are away.

Melli said...

Ohhhhhh I feel for you with that disposal deal! TWICE I have done that on THANKSGIVING! When I'm peeling potatoes and sweet potatoes and egg shells and -- well - you KNOW what Thanksgiving dinner is like! And TWICE we've had to postpone dinner for a few hours so that Dennis could snake out the pipes ... and ohhhhhhhh he is NOT a happy camper when this happens! I have now been BANNED from putting potatoe peels down the disposal AT ALL!!! I bag them up and put them in the garbage! I'm GLAD you got THAT problem solved! Verrrrry sweet of that plumber too - not to charge you for a weekend call! God bless him!

Glad you found the kitty too! And hope ya get your lap top back sOOn!

Unknown said...

Glad that you are reconnected again!Glad you got that kitty back safely too.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the disposal mess, but am so glad Kitty has been found! How wonderful of the neighbor to send Nancy such a beautiful gift. She will have to share a picture sometime!

Thank you so much for the Valentine's Day card! Biper and Bug shared it and showed it off for 3 days!

Cynthia

Hope said...

Hello there Grams,
Sorry I haven't been here sooner but this time I was sick. I even went back to bed today which I never do. I have a doctor's appointment Friday to see if my blood sugar is acting up.

I had to laugh at everything that went on there. It sounded like something from a sitcom! Life With Grams!! That would be a good one! We use to have a cat and he accidentally got locked in a closet. We had looked frantically for him and he hadn't made a sound. After looking everywhere else we started checking behind doors and there he was..sleeping!

Tell Nancy that I'm so happy she got that big doggie. :o) Maybe when things get back to normal you can take a picture to show us!

I've really missed you and was so happy you came to visit.

Love and Hugs,
Hope

Carole Burant said...

Hello dearest Carolyn:-)

I'm so behind visiting everyone once again...glad to see you were able to post with the Wii again but I'm sure you're very anxious to get the laptop repaired! lol Oh dear, what a huge relief that must have been to finally find the kitty...imagine him sleeping, not realizing the worry he was causing!! Awwww I can well imagine how thrilled Nancy was with that plush Valentine she received from the neighbour:-) Been very frigid here again...-3f right now...and we still have tons of snow. Stay warm my friend!! xoxo

Glo said...

I'll sure be glad when you can be on all the time. I sure miss you.
Love and {[Hugs}]