Wednesday, July 16, 2008

KU day again! Glo said Hello!


Yesterday was Nancy's day to go over to K.U. Med Center for her 3 month check up. Carrie was able to take us up to Kansas City and over to KU. When we got there the parking garage was packed out and it took her a long time to find parking! It would have helped I am sure if I had given her our wheel chair tag!!! She had let us off at the door and I discovered we had the tag after we sat down to wait on her!! She said it was such a mess it wouldn't have helped one bit!
We won't know for a few days if Nancy's B cells have replenished their selves. If they have we are finished with this study if not we go back in Oct.
After we were finished with the Dr's visit Carrie took Nancy and me out to eat at the Cracker Barrel. It is one of my favorite places to eat! Their cooked down green beans are just like my Mother made!
Carrie had to leave for home this morning and it always sad to say Good-Bye. But it is not nearly as hard as it was 30 years ago!! With E-mails and special prices on phone plans it is so much easier!!!

I had an E-mail today from our friend Glo. She said to tell you all that her computer is still very sick! It sounds horrible! She is wanting to be able to visit every one and leave a comment. I think she can read your blog but can't leave comments.
Sister Linda does have a broken bone in her knee. She said her pet name for her sister is Tissy Lou and Glo's pet name is Tissy Mae!! This is what Glo had to say about Tissy Lou.

The good news is that she doesn't have to have surgery, but will be off work until the middle of Sept. If she doesn't get back then, she will lose her job & seniority(rules of the nursing home where she works.) Good has come out of all this Tissy is learning patience's and being a very good patient. I'm so proud of her!

I can tell you for sure that Glo would love for you to add Linda to your prayer list! Thanks!!

10 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Sounds like it was a special day even if it was a doctor visit. I pray everything looks good with the test.
Mama Bear

Denise said...

Praying for Nancy. I will also be praying for Linda. I love you.

Hootin Anni said...

Hi Grams!
Let's just hope and pray that Nancy's blood work has a GOOD if not better result. Hope the cells have all replenished!!

Cracker Barrel? The GREEN BEANS?!!! You and Me Both!! I love those. And from my perspective I tell Bud all the time..."they're just like mom made!" How do they do that? I have oftentimes told them they should can them and market them...I'd be in line to buy them. They're THAT good.

Not to mention the mashed potatoes and cream gravy. Now, that is a whole 'nother story.

Here it is, 4:30 in the morning, I'm wide awake and I wanna go out to eat. LOL

Sandi said...

I love Cracker Barrel too. I'll be praying for good resutls for Nancy.

Linda said...

Will be praying Nancy's blood work is good. She has been through so much.
Oh yes, Cracker Barrel! One of my favorites is the fried okra.

Technology has made it easier for us to communicate with loves ones who live so far away. What did we do before the Internet??

Julie said...

Nancy is still in our prayers as always. Hope you all are doing well. We are keeping busy and trying to stay cool :)
Hope you have a super weekend.

Mary said...

Grams,

I do hope that Nancy's blood work comes back with positive results. That would be perfect.

I love Cracker Barrel. We don't have them in Ontario, but we love to eat there when we're traveling in the States. Brandon and Jordan both look for a Cracker Barrel when we take them across the border. Their food is delicious and I love the store as well.

I have both Nancy and Glo's sister in my prayers.

Blessings,
Mary

Love Bears All Things said...

Thanks for dropping by and seeing my picture. I have another one of my Dad's mother's side of the family much like this one. I know photos like this were expensive to have made back then. I feel so blessed to have them. Since I started copying photos, I've cropped some and this morning when I was doing my post, I realized that I could crop out just my grandfather and great grandparents so that I'll have a photo of them alone. I'll do that soon. Then I can use it in some of my scrapbooking.
Mama Bear

Jane said...

I hope Nancy's test came out well. We will keep you all in our prayers.
Thanks for your prayers for us and our trip. I have posted an update and will post more from time to time while we are here. I appreciate your friendship and especially your prayers.

Chocolate and Coffee said...

Praying for Nancy. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings and hugs!