Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday's Feast is below

Thanks for your prayers for my Doctor's visit this morning!!! I was stressed out so bad about the insulin pen that he had prescribed for me! I found it a lot harder then the normal needles I use...... but after your prayer............. Praise God!!

The Doctor was asking questions and when he found out that the insulin pen dose was 6o units each time and I need 70 I would have to give myself two shots each time, he asked me if I would like a vital of insulin??? I said, "Oh ,Yes please I find this hard." I am back to the way I always did my shots!! I know change is good for us... But I sure like this better!

Another great thing was I had lost 3 pounds and my blood pressure was 126/70!! The Doctor was very pleased about this!! I had gone out to a few bloggers late last night and asked for prayer and a some bloggers left comments they would be praying about this Dr.'s visit!! I really appreciate your prayers and thinking about me!! Oh yes I got a flu shot today. too!!
This is over until the last week of November for me! But in Oct.we have a whole bunch of appointments for Nancy!!

12 comments:

Denise said...

Praise God my dear friend, so glad that you are doing so well. Also glad you are not having to use the pen, love you so much.

Carole Burant said...

We must never underestimate the power of prayer:-) Such wonderful news that your doctor visit went so well...isn't that always the case, though, we stress out so much about it then find out we had nothing to worry about! lol xox

Linda said...

WOOHOO!! for the great results from your doctor. I bet the power of prayer got you back to your normal routine with the insulin shots. Praise God!!!

I didn't do FF today. Just stopping by to say hello.

Denise said...

My post for today is up, it is about my doctors visit yesterday, love you grams.

Melli said...

Well! I would have prayed if I had known! But I'm glad it all worked out well for you!

Anonymous said...

Great NEWS!!!!! And your feast is delicious, as always.

Julie said...

Am sooo glad to hear you had a great report from the dr. Am off to check out your FF:)

Melanie said...

Wonderful news! Great job on the weight loss and your BP is awesome!!

Donetta said...

I'm glad that you are improving with your health. Sometimes change is not so cool. It can be hard to adjust to a device that is just not for you. I am so glad you are home and rested a bit. I have been flying with task and just life. Thank you for stopping by tonight.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Good whatever is more comfortable for you...I say stay that way!! Good for you!!

Anonymous said...

As I said in my email, I am so happy for you, my friend. What a fantastic doctor's appointment. And a huge relief as well. I'm glad he gave you back your old way of doing insulin. He sounds like a doctor that listens to his patients and works in what they want with what he needs to do for them. *happy dance for you, Grams.

Connie Barris said...

I am so glad.. Change is hard.. but also, you have to make this work for you and your lifestyle.. so don't be afraid to tell the doctor that..

they forget sometimes about reality.. no offense... I love them.. but we have to stay in the world of what works....

love
Connie