Monday, October 20, 2008

A lovely gift from Pea's Birthday Give a Way!!! Up date on my procedure

When Kelly came home from work she had this package with her. I was thrilled because it was from Canada and from my dear friend Pea from over at Pea's Corner and I knew that this was the give- a- way prize I had won for Pea's Birthday Tea!!! I was so excited I could hardly wait to get it opened!












Pea had enclosed an adorable card with this cute kitty!










Also a beautiful lei



Two beautiful Tea Cups




With a package of Tea!





Napkins too!



With a tiara and a lei and a lovely tea cups I

am ready for you all to come join me!!




I looked up at my hutch and there is my swan. I think it would

match my new tea cups perfectly !




Won't the tea cups and my swan look so beautiful together!!

Thank you Dear Pea for all the lovely gifts!! I love them!!!!

What a wonderful Birthday Tea you had for us!!!





Thanks for all your Sweet comments and prayers while I have been getting over this procedure. It turned out a little rougher then I thought it would be!! Understatement! I was so sick when I woke up on Friday morning with fever, chills, and nausea. The Doctor had put long stents from my hips to my knees which made my arteries go, what is that flowing through us!! SO I ached! and ached! He had to put a lot more stents in my left leg then he thought he would at first. But this is Monday and I am so much better and feeling better every day.

I will be going back the first week of November to get my right leg done and the arteries by my kidneys! The Doctor said I would be on dialysis in a year or so if we didn't take care of the arteries there!
So we will!! Thanks again!

15 comments:

Denise said...

My friend, you truly are a queen in my heart. You look so cute. Pea was very sweet to send you such lovely gifts. I love your swan. Please take care, praying for you. I love you.

Melli said...

Ohhhhhh wow! That is just so scary! What if they hadn't found this? I've got to get checked! I've just gotta go DO it! Even if nothing is wrong - just so I know! (but I bet I have some blockage...)

What a great package of "stuff"! Always exciting to be a winner! :)

Donna. W said...

I'm learning things every day: I just thought stints were for the arteries around the heart, until you started telling us about your problems.

Jane said...

First of all, I am so glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself!
Secondly, what a lovely gift from Pea of the cups and the other fun stuff. They are beautiful and will go wonderfully with your swan. And, of course, every woman needs a tiara and an Hawaiian Lei!!!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have been praying for you so wanted to see what was up this morning. It is Tuesday but I can see that you wrote this Monday..so TODAY I am hoping that you are better. You have the exact same thing that my grandmother had. She did not get this kind of treatment. She would have lived longer i think. Isn't new methods great!! Take care and know that we are all still praying for your recovery...I kept that cute picture of you for my files...Sandy

Barbara H. said...

How beautiful!

I am glad you're feeling better -- hope you continue to and that the next one goes well.

Love Bears All Things said...

It is so good to see you there in your finery and looking so good. I guess those arteries are sort of like a clogged drain would feel when all of a sudden things are free flowing. Praise that this was discovered in time. No nasty old dialysis for you.
Those tea cups do match your swan. Now, you can invite me over for some of that new tea.
Love you my friend,
Mama Bear

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Carolyn,

I'm back from my trip and trying to catch up with everyone now! I'm sooo glad that you received your parcel already and in one piece! lol I was so afraid the cups would break. I love it that you had a picture taken with the lei, crown and tea cup! hehe Congratulations again on being my winner:-)

I'm so glad that you're starting to feel so much better now...that was quite the procedure you had to have done!! You are in my prayers my friend. xoxo

Sandi said...

What beautiful tea cups. Wouldn't you just like to have a big gathering of all your blogger friends and sit down with a cup of Tea and have a chat.

Mary said...

Carolyn,

What beautiful giveaway prizes Pea sent and yes, they will look lovely with your swan. I love everything and you look great in the lei and the tiara drinking tea from the beautiful cup.

I am so sorry your procedure was rough, but better than being on dialysis. I will pray that the next procedure goes much better and that you don't have such a reaction.

I mailed the parcel today. I hope you got my email telling you why it hadn't arrived. A Senior Moment.

Love and hugs,
Mary

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, what lovely prizes, Grams. You look adorable in the picture.

I am sorry that the procedure was so rough, but thank the Lord you're feeling better. I hope the next one will be easier on you. Prayers continue on your behalf.

Love and hugs,

Renie

Hootin Anni said...

Grams....I've been meaning all these days to send you an e-card and along with that my 'encouraging' words for you going through such a procedure....but what with the modem on the computer crashing for me over the weekend, and the busy days afterward...I just kept forgetting to stop what I was doing and send one to you...but be sure that you have been in my thoughts daily!!!

I'm happy to hear that you're recovering nicely. It, I'm sure will take a lot of time and a good amount of resting too...to let your body begin anew!

You'll continue to be in my thoughts and prayers dear lady!!!

AND---your gift from Pea is just stupendous!!! congrats.

Unknown said...

I'm with Donna. I always thought stents were for around the heart. But, I suppose it only makes sense if you think about it -- where there is an artery, there could be blockage, and the stents help open the blockage. I'm glad you are doing better this week. Did not sound like a good time. Hopefully, the next one will go better.

The prize box from Pea was amazing. I love the pictures and the way you shared what she sent you with all of us.

I'm glad you found me again. I'm trying to get settled back down in just one place of blogging with no pressures of the paid blogging thing. I'm loving my new diggs.

Denise said...

Come by my blog when you can, there are some awards for you.

Kathy said...

Congratulations - you received some lovely items. Enjoy your tea!