Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Morning on Columbus Day! and a few other celebrations!


When I got into my E-mail this morning I found this beautiful button/icon from my friend Denise. Thank you so much! She was giving me encouragement for my Angioplasty on both of my legs later on this week.
I appreciate her prayers for me and would I ever be Thankful for yours, too! I have tried to put this out of my mind since I first knew about it but now the time has come. I am just a little apprehensive about this procedure. I have to lie still for several hours afterward and then all should me OK!!I can come home that evening if they don't have to put stints in my back by the arteries near my kidneys. Hopefully they won't!

Today is Columbus Day in the USA. I don't know if they teach about this in school now days. We had to learn about the Nina, Pinta, and the Santa Maria and that Columbus sailed in 1492! Of course being Swedish we think Leif Erikson could have found the new world first! Today our banks are closed and no mail. Nancy loves the mail!



Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian Friends celebrating their Thanksgiving! Have some turkey and dressing for me!!







Today is my friend Carol's Birthday over at Pea's Corner.Please stop by and wish her a Happy Birthday! Wishing you a Wonderful Day!!!

11 comments:

Renie Burghardt said...

Dear Grams,

Happy Columbus Day, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you this week, and beyond. We love you!

Hugs and prayers,

Renie

Denise said...

Everything will be ok precious one, my prayers for you will not stop. I love you.

Mary said...

Happy Columbus Day, Grams. I hope you enjoy your day. When I was a student we took about Columbus as well. He is also part of Canadian history.

God has you in the palm of His Hand, my friend and you will be just fine. I will pray for wisdom for the doctor and peace for you as you undergo the angioplasty. Please let me know which day and the time of the procedure.

Love and hugs,
Mary

Denise said...

I will pray that the Father will give you much peace over your tests! I have had to have so many tests this year and I have one more to go the end of this month... I so understand the nerves that go along with these things...... to say just trust the Lord is not enough.... Just as Moses had to have his arms held up when grew weary , we will hold your arms up in this time.......

Love ya!

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Carolyn,

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and the beautiful card!! I'm so glad you were able to come to my party:-) hehe Thank you also for the Thanksgiving wishes...I have turkey leftovers so c'mon over!

Happy Columbus Day to you! We learned about that in class although we don't celebrate it here:-)

My prayers are with you for when you go for the angioplasty...I'm sure everything will go well. xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

You're in my thoughts Grams!!!

Linda said...

Dear Carolyn,
Prayer continuing your way!!! Please let us know how it goes.

{{{hugs}}}
Linda

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

hey there Carolyn...I am finally home and trying to get around to visiting everyone..So your tests are this week..Well I will be praying for you for sure...All will be fine. Sandy

Love Bears All Things said...

Congratulations on winning Pia's Birthday give away. You're lucky. Maybe that will help cheer you for the procedure. We'll be praying for you.
Lord,
Please be with my dear friend, Carolyn during her angioplasty this week. Comfort her, Father, give her peace about it, calm her anxiety. Just wrap your loving arms around her.
In Jesus'Name
Amen.
Mama Bear

Denise said...

Come by my blog, there is an award for you sweetie.

Sandi said...

will be praying for your procedure.
Tell Nancy I love the mail too. No one in my house may bring in the mail but me.
Hubby was in Canada to celebrate Thanksgiving with friends.