Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thumbs Up !


Rodney Olsen of The Journey has come up with a great idea. He's calling it "Thumbs Up!"...and it's all aimed at highlighting positive things in the blogosphere:

"The blogosphere can sometimes be a pretty negative place so I reckon it's great to make a habit of accentuating the positive."I want to link to a number of bloggers who are writing positive posts each week."Do you want to be a part of the positive? You can post a thank you to someone, a list of reasons you're thankful this week, or highlight people doing something worthwhile in your community. You don't have to post every week but it'd be wonderful if you're prepared to make the effort to write a positive post most week.
This was given to me from Cindy over at Notes in the Key of Life She chose to give this out as an award this week. It took me a while to understand what this "Thumbs Up" was all about. You can give it as a award once a week to a deserving person or someone in your community who has done something worth while or something you or Thankful for!! This isn't your typical deal.

I was overwhelmed by all her kind words about me! My Goodness! She was more then gracious in her write up about me!! Thank you so much Cindy for letting me give out this "Thumb Up"
What she had to say has really touched my heart!
This is what Cindy had to say.
"My Thumbs Up"! for this week goes to:Grams of Talk...to...Grams! Grams has given me a few blogging awards, and it's true that I want to return the favor. But aside from that, she's very deserving of this award. A relative newcomer to blogging, Grams has already managed to infuse her blog with a homey, welcoming cheerfulness. I love how self-effacing, but determined she is about learning the various technical aspects of blogging. I enjoy her pictures of family occasions and cute pets. Grams' faith is evident throughout her blog, and she really is an encourager. After all, her tagline is "a blog about my faith, my family, and my favorite blogs." She spends a lot of time highlighting her favorite blogs--what an encouragement!There's no way you can go away from Grams' blog without a positive feeling, so I feel she's richly deserving of this "Thumbs Up!"
(Grams, you can go here to get your Thumbs Up! badge to put on your sidebar--I used the smaller version on my sidebar.)That link also explains how anyone can get involved in Thumbs Up!



So now I can write about someone in my community or something I am thankful for ...... but I have chosen to give out an award to someone who I see as very up lifting!!

Eddie, over at Shorty Bears Place is my choice this week!!
His wife is our dear Denise who is a diabetic and underwent surgery a week ago today. She had a very difficult time to say the least and her husband Eddie has been with her every step of the way! Here is one of the reasons I think he should have the "Thumbs Up." After working all day, coming home, and taking care of Denise, who was in much pain, he would go out to all the blogs that Denise reads and read them to her. He read to Denise what every one had posted for that day!



Now that is true love not that Hollywood junk we read about! This is the real deal!! I was so impressed by his love and dedication to Denise. She has a lot of blogs she reads so this was no small feat! She always leaves the most encouraging comments!
He took care of cooking and cleaning and caring for her. too!! But to me his reading all the posts on all the many blogs was something that deserved a "Thumbs Up" ! Eddie and Denise you are two truly amazing people!! Their love for God shines through their daily walk with Him!


9 comments:

Denise said...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart grams for honoring my dear Eddie, he is my special angel. He said to thank you, and that he sends you great big hugs. You are very special to me, I love you with all my heart.

Linda said...

There's not a nicer person to receive the Thumbs Up reward. Congrats!!!

And, I'm glad you like my look. I really did it for my BD present to me. I love it too.

Melanie said...

You are definitely deserving of the Thumbs Up award!!

Melli said...

THAT is a very good husband! WOW!

Melli said...

Oh! And congrats on GETTING this award Grams! You DO deserve it too!!!

Lazy Daisy said...

Woo Hoo! (Standing ovation and cheers from the crowd) Well done and well deserved. (Also makes a nice birthday present too!) Look at you Miss Thing....a prize winner galore.

Chocolate and Coffee said...

You definitely deserve the Thumbs Up Award! Congratulations and have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings!

Julie said...

I love to see comments every day on my blog. I really enjoy reading them. They really make my day and believe me staying home with all the kids it is nice to talk to adults every once in a while:P
You really deserve the Thumbs Up award. Can't think of anyone else that deserves it more. You are very kind and I love hearing from you every day:)
Julie

Liquid said...

I am LOVIN' your blog!