Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Good and bad news from the Doctor!


Yesterday was my day to go see the Doctor for my three month check up. Well, I had good news and bad news!! The good news is; the Doctors office called this morning and my cholesterol levels on everything the good and the bad were normal!!

My sugars were in the normal range too!! The nurse said the Dr was so pleased with my lab report. I am too!



Ok,my bad news was that my blood pressure was high and the Dr was very concerned. NO SALT or salt substitute! Just a little Mrs. Dash. I think I love salt more then sweets! oh, who knows I love them both!!



Remember I posted a while back,that I had Harding of the arteries. The Dr had a hard time hearing any pulse in my legs. It was very faint. So he has ordered a test on my legs called a articular Doppler Ultrasound . It can reveal blood clots in leg veins (deep vein thrombosis, or DVT) that could break loose and block blood flow to the lungs (pulmonary embolism). See an illustration of a stroke and an embolus.

I have this test next week. I just found the web site on Web MD that tells all about this Go here if you would like to read about it.



Well I am happy I haven't been adding to the problem that my cholesterol
level was normal. Ok, enough about my health.



The weather is beautiful !! It was down to 50 degrees last night and it is so good to sleep with no AC and be cool with outside air. I love fall!

12 comments:

Mary said...

Carolyn,

The good news is terrific. I'm glad your cholesterol and blood sugar levels are normal. I'm a little concerned about the blood pressure. Be sure to rest lots and don't overdo. Exertion can make blood pressure increase, so take it easy.

I am praying for your doplar.

Blessings,
Mary

Donna. W said...

I agree with you on the weather. Last night and today were like a gift!

My blood pressure creeps a bit higher all the time. Still not enough for the doctor to mention it, but I'm sure my time is coming.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Well you must focus on the "good news" but you also better what out!! My grandmother had what it sound like you have!! You need to be very very careful. The doctor told both my mother and I at that time that we both could be candidates for this too. That is why I exercise and try to keep my legs moving as much as possible. Mother is having a time right now with her legs too. Take care Carolyn..Sandy

Linda said...

The good news is great and it's great the temperatures are going down. WebMD is a good site, but don't spend too much time there or you will worry yourself to death. I'll pray your upcoming tests are good.

I got news from my doctor yesterday that all my blood work is out of wack! He asked that I come back in to have more blood drawn for a sugar test. I feel like I'm a walking time bomb right now!

Denise said...

I love you, praying for you always.

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations on th good report!

I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't add salt. That would take a lot of enjoyment out of eating!!

I don't think we've seen 50s here yet -- hopefully soon!

Cindy Swanson said...

You did get some great news--best wishes in getting your blood pressure down!

Lazy Daisy said...

You go girl....great news on your blood sugars and cholesterol. Gotcha all prayed up about your test. Miss you.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks for stopping by today!! I worked all day and got our home all cleaned up. Now to see if this lady really wants to come and see it. I about ready to go pick up our two grands after school..then it is onto Wednesday night service at SCC. Take care of yourself.
Sandy

Sandi said...

Great news on the cholesterol. I would guess that is a comfort to you knowing it isn't part of the arties. I hope cutting salt helps with the hight bp

Anonymous said...

I was absent for some time, a thousand reasons, is now here I am again. I hope that you are good - I wish you all the best
steven

Unknown said...

The good news is awesome, the bad news is ... well, workable. Ms. Dash isn't so bad. I use it a lot.
Blessings!