Monday, September 15, 2008

Sofia soon to become a United States Citizen!! and pictures of the picnic!

Kelly came home with pictures of the picnic. You can read about it in my post today.


Sofia and Jeremy

Jeremy preaching


Kevin


Jeremy



Some of the folks who came to the picnic




They had one of those bands at the picnic!











Some of the kids!!




It is a beautiful day! It is not raining! Praise God!

While I had some time I have been working on my blog. I think it was Friday night when Nancy was sleeping and I had a some time I put blogger's names on a new deal called My Blog List. Ok, I went over board and I put almost every one on my blog list on this new deal and I didn't check it out until I was almost finished and, OH MY GOODNESS!! It took 5 or 6 minutes to load my blog page!!!



So I took every one off and I started all over again on Saturday morning and added three. Now I have added a few more to my side bar and it loads fine. I will keep adding more blog friends but a few at a time!!! I don't want anyone to have to wait that long to see my blog!!!

Tonight is the big picnic for the new Hispanic church that the AOG is starting in our town and my grandson is the going to be the pastor for the new Hispanic church.


Karen and Kelly planned to attend and support Jeremy and Sofia. Karen and Kelly go to another church but they are behind Jey and Sofia desire to win the hispanics in our community and surrounding community's to the Lord.

I am praying this takes off because in our area we have a large Hispanic population.


My granddaughter in law is from Mexico and on Wednesday is her BIG Day!! She will be sworn in as United Stated Citizen!!! I am so proud of her! She has studied so hard for her test and she past with flying colors!

I have told them they must take pictures of her being sworn in and I will post them on my blog. I am so excited about this.
Remember Nancy and me in your prayers we still have health issues. Thanks!










9 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

I'm back this morning for a request...a prayer request. You can find details on my Tuesday blog. Thanks and have a happy day today my friend.


Looks like a lovely time you all had! I love the mariachi music...it's so lively and makes one feel good to be alive.

Sandi said...

Congrads to your granddaughter-in-law. The picnic looked fun. You are in my prayers.

Lazy Daisy said...

Woo Hoo....congrats to Sophia. Loved the pictures.

Hootin Anni said...

thanks for prayers for P J

Mary said...

Carolyn,

I absolutely love your new look. Such pretty autumn graphics that are definitely eye candy.

Tell Sophia I am proud of her as well and congratulations to her for becoming a US citizen.

I enjoyed the photos of Jeremy preaching and the picnic. I'm looking forward to the pics of Sophia being sworn in as an American.

Praying for you and Nancy.
Blessings,
Mary

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Grams,

How exciting that Sofia will become a new citizen! I remember when I became one, years ago, I was so very proud. I know Sofia is proud as well, and you're all happy and proud of her.

Love the pictures.

Prayers for you and Nancy!

Have a wonderful day celebrating the new citizen today.

Love and Hugs,

Renie

Linda said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter in law!!! Looking forward to seeing those pictures.

Carole Burant said...

Sounds like it was a fun picnic and how handsome your grandson is:-) Congratulations to Sofia on becoming a United States citizen, such a special day in her life!! My prayers continue for you and Nancy, dear Carolyn, I do hope your health problems get much better soon!! xoxo

Nancy said...

Looks like a great picnic! The kids all looked so happy with those big smiles on their faces!

I know you are so proud of Sophia and Jeremy! And rightfully so!

(((((( HUGS ))))))