Thursday, November 15, 2007

Friday's Feast


Feast One Hundred & Sixty Nine
November 16th, 2007 Category: The Feasts, 2007


Appetizer What was your first “real” job?
I think my first job was at the State Baptist Church Camp as one of the kitchen dining room servers ! It was at Hollister Hill which is next to Branson! This is before Branson was what it is now!

Soup Where would you go if you wanted to spark your creativity?
I am not very creative at all! I was good at dreaming up stuff for the kids to play at, like turning their bicycles upside down and making hats out of newspapers! Then take a wax paper roll and color it and presto you are a pirate with a spy glass!

Salad Complete this sentence: I am embarrassed when....
I have got in the car and forgot to put my dentures in and about flipped out!! Back in the house I go and take care of that little oversight!!

Main Course What values did your parents instill in you?
My parents took me to Sunday School and Church from the time I was a baby and taught me all about God and His Love! They also taught me about love for your country, doing the right thing, and working hard!


Dessert Name 3 fads from your teenage years.

White buck shoes starched petticoats and poodle skirts

For more information on Friday's Feast Go Here

14 comments:

Denise said...

You made me smile with your feast, thanks.

Hootin Anni said...

Are you kidding me? I think that soup is delicious!!!! That's being creative if you ask me....why, to keep a child's imagination strong and active?---THAT's creative!!!!!

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Carolyn,
Wow!!!! What a feast. I've never seen this one before. It is cold this morning here. It is 32 degrees right now. It will probably drop another couple of degrees before sunrise. I had trouble sleeping last night, so I did my Friday post after midnight. I am out visiting now. I hope you have a great Friday. Take care and God Bless You.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Nan said...

Sounds like a mighty fine feast! Have a great day!

Melli said...

So what IS Branson now??? Your soup was SUPER!!! That's creativity at it's finest! Nicely done!

Melanie said...

I love your answers! How can you say you are not creative? Sounds to me like you're very creatvie.

Have a wonderful weekend! Love you bunches!

Debbie said...

You are VERY creative!! And your parents obviously instilled some great things in you to make you who you are today (sweet, kind, and loving!)

Carole Burant said...

Such an enjoyable feast once again:-) White buck shoes and poodle skirts...I was born in 1957 but always wished I had been a teenager in 1957 so that I could have worn those! hehe Have a wonderful day dear Grams. xoxo

Sandi said...

I just have to tell you every time I visit your site and see the KC Cheif it brings my son to mind. So I say a prayer for him at school. He is a big KC fan.

Julie said...

Enjoyed your feast. I didn't have time to get anything up today. Too busy lately. Life needs to slow down a bit:)Have a great weekend.

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You are so CREATIVE!! Creative means that you figure out things and doing that for your children was great!! Take care and have a great weekend.
Sandy

Unknown said...

Nice friday feast Grams! Especially the dentures thing...hilarious! maybe you should keep a spare pair in the car!

Blessings!

bj said...

Uh, oh....starched petticoats, puddle skirts...we gotta be about the same age!! Scarfs around our necks with our boyfriend's school ring on it..Elvis Presley...Oh, my....MEMORIES ARE MADE OF THIS!!
bj

Mary said...

Grams,

What a wonderful feast. I enjoyed every morsel.

I agree with Anni. You have a great imagination. From the things you served for dessert, you and I are of an age. I loved my white bucks and crinolines, saddle shoes, poodle and circle skirts. Those were the days. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Mary