Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I have been tagged!

I have been tagged by Siani's over at Siani's Pot-Pourri who tagged me with a meme, in which I have to reveal eight random facts about myself. Yes, there are rules but Grams is not going to tag any one!! If you want to do this just grab it and play along and come back and tell me and I will go over to your blog and read what you have said about yourself!!

1. You all found out when I did a Friday 's Feast that I love to watch the PBR on Verus on Saturday nights! My favourite bull rider is Justin McBride and he is the World Champion this year!! I like Chris Shivers, too!

2. I love Football! The kids Dad played football in High School and won a couple of scholarships . But sadly he was not encouraged to continue on with his education and went to work and then was drafted into the Koren War. Bill played football and now his son Jake is studying to be a coach at college!!

3. On Sunday afternoons you will find us watching the Chiefs playing football out at Arrowhead! We usually have a pot of Chili for Sunday!

4. I had infant pneumonia when I was really little and it left me kinda sickly!! My Mom had arthritis real bad which led us to move to the South West when I was about 8!! I am getting ready to write a bunch of stories about our move from Iowa to the South West over at Traveling Grams real soon. How that for self promotion!!!

5. I wanted to be a missionary when I was young! I didn't follow through with this but my daughter did and my son is a pastor!! I read a lot of missionary books to them!! In fact I read a ton of books to my kids when they were growing up!! They all love to read.

6. I was thin when I was in High School and then gained weight and lost it and gained it back and weighed the same for about 25 years and after I fell and had to use insulin I gained a whole bunch of weight!!

7. My beauty shop lady just called and she said she had been at the Manor cuting hair this morning and she could come by here and cut my hair at my house if I wanted her to and I said Yes!!!!!! So it will have to be 7 facts for me!!! Whooo Hooooo! I get my hair done!!

15 comments:

Denise said...

You are a very special lady grams, I love you.

Tammy said...

I just love getting to know you better my new friend!!

Mary said...

Grams,

These are interesting facts about you and I'm growing to know you better. I love these memes because we learn about our blogger friends.

Blessings,
Mary

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Grams...Hey sorry that i have not been here for a bit!! I have been working a lot and that just slows my blogging down too much...doggone it!! Hope all is well with you..Sandy

Carole Burant said...

I so enjoyed learning a bit more about you, dear Grams:-) I think we were all thinner during our school days! lol It's no wonder you are so proud of your son and daughter, they truly are doing the work of the Lord, bless their hearts. xoxo

Baba said...

Hi Carolyn,How blessed you are with your children following the Lord's way.I am so happy you could get your hair cut at home.My mom goes to get her hair cut at her hairdressers home..I am going to get a perm tomorrow to tame my gray hair. Baba

Hootin Anni said...

Good grief Carolyn....I TOO had pneumonia when I was a kid! For six winters straight...hospitalized and way back then....they put me in a tent!! And penicillin shots in the butt!!!

This is getting spooky tho...like we were twins or something! *smile*

Melanie said...

This was fun to read- I love learning more about you! But- at the beginning you said you were doing 8 random facts and you only did 7. So, I felt like I was left hanging....... ;)
Love you bunches!!

Unknown said...

it is always great to get a sneak peak into the lives of people you communicate with. Thanks for the peak!
Blessings!

Siani said...

Thanks for accepting the tag - and sharing some interesting facts about yourself. Don't worry - I won't send those 50 angry Sasquatch after you for not tagging anyone! I wish someone would come to the house and do my hair. I guess I'll just have to go into town and pay someone a small fortune, like I usually do. Have a nice evening!

Lazy Daisy said...

Wow, I never would have pegged you for liking Bull riding. Go Grams! I like that they wear helmets and protective vest now.

Melli said...

NOw that's the BEST excuse for dropping a random fact that I think I've ever heard!!! LOL! I hope you are feeling better now that your hair is done!!!

Susie said...

Hi,
I've stopped in here from Tammy's to say hi. Meme's are such a great way to learn a bit more about new friends!
:)

Nan said...

Well, Grams........it's so nice to meet and hear about you. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Anonymous said...

It is so much fun learning more about you! Got my hair cut today also and it sure feels great!

Many Blessings!