Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday

Karen Kelly Nancy and Sarah
Kelly

The cat has knocked over the snowman already


Kelly and the tree is almost trimmed



Getting the pesky lights on the tree!

Kelly and Sarah


A new toy for the Cats!!


We were able to get the tree trimmed yesterday! Karen and Sarah came over to my house. Kelly had gone down to the basement the night before and got the Christmas tree and brought it up and put it up so it would be ready to go! Karen found a new toy for the Cats and they love it !! It has a little red ball that goes round in a circle that just makes the Kitty's go nuts!!We had a good time trimming the tree!! I sat and watched and they trimmed!! It turned out just fine! Looks beautiful,but I say that every year!! The girls took off for Target and took Nancy with them and she had a real good time! When they came home Kelly made a pot of Chilli and we watched the MU KU game!! If you haven't heard MU won! MU played for the Big 12 championship game next Saturday! I am for MU all the way!!
It is cold here today but it is November!! We are spoiled because of all the lovely weather all fall! I hope you all have a nice Sunday!!



10 comments:

Denise said...

I love your Christmas tree, it is really lovely.

Love Bears All Things said...

I wish I had someone to do my tree. I will get it up one day this week. If I don't try and do all the decorating at once, I won't feel overwhelmed.

I have seen that cat toy on someone else's blog. Can you tell me where you bought it?
Mama Bear

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Don't know when we will get around to putting up a tree!! We just are not in the mood anymore. Seems like the older we get it just does not seem important. We are not scrooges just tired I guess. Yours is great!! Our is about the same size now.
Sandy

Mary said...

Grams,

All Christmas trees are beautiful. We always take the grandsons to cut our own tree. Every year they tell me it's the nicest tree we've ever had - and they're always right.

One year the tree we cut had a very crooked trunk. We didn't realize it until it had been cut down. Brandon told us on the way home that no one else would have picked that tree and it really did deserve to be a Christmas tree because it was special. LOL Out of the mouths of babes.

Glad you had such a great time decorating.

Blessings,
Mary

Carole Burant said...

Oh Grams, what a beautiful tree and it must have been so much fun watching the girls decorating it:-) I put mine up today as well...I wish your girls could have come over to help me! lol I'm now asking myself why I bought such a huge tree a few years ago...what a job! Such a delightful toy for the cats...might keep them away from the tree decorations! lol xoxo

Susie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time "decking the halls" It all looks so festive!

Mary said...

Carolyn,

Congratulations on getting the button on your blog. You did a great job and it looks terrific.

Karen H. said...

Good Early Morning Grams,
I am very late in commenting. I didn't even post today. Today was very busy for me. Hubby had to leave out late this afternoon and I had to wash clothes and cook him a good meal before he left. Then I cooked again for the kids tonight. I have been on the go since Thursday. I sure hope things get back to normal starting Monday. Wait, it is Monday. LOL. I see yall had a good time decorating the tree. Hubby and our girls put up and decorated our tree Thanksgiving night. I just unpacked and sorted things out and told them where to put some. LOL. It has been raining here all day. Such a dreary day here. Well, just thought I would drop by to let you know I hadn't forgotten you. Take care my friend and have a great Monday. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Tammy said...

Your tree is gorgeous! Now that I look at it, I think mine needs some garland like yours! I sometimes hate to put up a tree because it triggers my OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
I won't be happy until it looks "just right"...lol!

As we were putting up a small one, it made me think of my kitty that I had to give away due to allergies...he would have been all up into the trees!!

Have a great Monday Miz Grams! =)

Debbie said...

Looks like a fun time with fun people!