Sunday, July 8, 2007

Olie Kitty 1992-2007


Nancy lost her friend Olie Kitty tonight. We got this Kitty Cat when she was a tiny kitten. We all thought she was our Cat! But NO she was never really any one's cat, but Nancy's. Nancy loves this Cat with a passion. She sometimes showed more emotions about the Cat then she did with any of us. Nancy worked at the sheltered workshop for almost 19 years and for 15 of these years Olie was Nancy friend and companion. She began sleeping in Nancy room somewhere along the years.If Nancy didn't want to get up and go to work,I would come in and say "Nancy Get up", Olie would jump on me and go meow, meow! Karen and Kelly put a perch in Nancy's window and Olie loved to sit and watch the birds,any loose dog running down the street, cars going by,and even the leaves blowing in the breeze! Olie was a very dear friend we all loved, so much and I know Nancy and all of us will miss her! If any one is new to my blog, Nancy is my special needs daughter. I would appreciate your prayer for Nancy so very much.

8 comments:

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

OH, Carolyn, I bet that Nancy is really very upset today!! We get so upset here when we lose an animal so I am sure that Nancy will handle it even harder!! I am so sorry. Sandy

Melanie said...

Oh Grams, I am so sorry. I know that pets become a part of the family and it so difficult to lose one. I will keep you all and especially Nancy in my prayers.

Linda A. said...

I know how difficult the last few weeks have been for Nancy and all of you as you have watched Olie decline. I am thankful that Olie didn't suffer long and that God sent you a nice, new kitten to love! Please tell Nancy I am so sorry about Olie and I am praying for her and all of you today.

Talk..to..Grams said...

hi Mom... I wanted to brighten this sad day just a bit, so I made you a new header for your blog...

hope that was ok.


Karen

Lazy Daisy said...

We also recently lost our family dog of 13 years so I can readily identify with your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy and your family.

Please drop by and view some of the silliness and blessings of weekend with Melli. Friends make all things bearable. Blessings!

Linda A. said...

I love the new header! It looks just like something you'd love. Flowers and that cute little grandma icon! It pays to have a kid that knows technical stuff! Hee Hee!

Linda said...

I can really identify with losing a pet. I know how hard this can be. I will certainly keep you and Nancy in my prayers.

Denise said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of nancys dear cat, bless her heart.