Monday, July 16, 2007

Time to go to KU again!

It is time to drive over to KU Medical Center again! With Carrie being here she said she would be glad for us to use her car to drive over there!! Our AC is out in our car. It is in the ninety's out!! Whew!! Nancy doesn't have to have oxygen in the day time, but if is hot in the car, I thought we might have to take it with!! Not to worry this time!!

I have had a busy day getting all the receipts out for my daughters missionary organization and writing a "Thank You" letters to all of their supporters!! My son-in law Aaron and my grandson John just got back from Ecuador! Sounds like they were able to share the gospel!

The time is drawing close for Carrie to go back to her home in Mexico and I always hate having to say Good-Bye after a good visit!! But now that I am blogging she goes out and reads what is going on and is keeping up really good!!

We have the phone, too!! One of her supporters paid for us to talk for 500 minutes!! We still have 230 left!! I really enjoy my grown kids a lot!! They all have been a blessing to me in so many ways.

Carrie brought us BBQ from a small place called Bodacious BBQ here in town... now you should know that we are PICKY about our bbq in these parts, being so near Kansas City.. and this guy's from TEXAS... but it was awesome!

Thanks Carrie, we loved it!!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Hey sweet one, keeping you in my prayers.

Melli said...

Awwwww... sounds like you guys have had an awesome visit! That's so gOOd! And blogs ARE a great way to keep up ... if people come! I'm sorry I haven't been here lately... I'm trying to visit a few each day! I'll be back "regular" next week though!!! ;) Enjoy that AC!

Lazy Daisy said...

Awww, yes, prayer letters....I know all about those! I just got 251 and of course felt compelled to write a personal note on each. Whew!

My kids are grown and scattered so it's nice to know what they are doing on a daily basis through their blogs.

Glad you are having a great time with your daughter.

Hootin Anni said...

This girl living in Texas loves the TX BBQ too!!

Love the fact your family can 'keep up with what's going on' through the blogs. It's a great way to stay in touch.

Linda said...

Blogging is a great way to keep in touch with family and also meeting such nice people like you.

Now I'm in the mood for some good BBQ!!!

Pearls of Wisdom said...

Oh I am so glad you are having a wonderful visit. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Angel ():)

Melanie said...

Blogging is such a great way to keep in touch. We don't live near our family and it's a great way to let all of them know what is going on with us.

Sounds like you had a wonderful visit!