Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Rain Stopped and what A Great Fourth!

Kelly barbequed at noon so that my granddaughter, Sarah, could enjoy part of the fourth before she had to go to work out at Walley's World. Kelly fixed brats and hot dogs, we had potato salad, chips, baked beans and Sarah brought brownies she baked herself! Yum!
In the afternoon we thought it would be nice to see baby Kevin and Valerie, so we went up to Blue Springs (eight miles) from here. Valerie, showed us what a firework did by throwing her hands in the air and jumping up and down. She made whizzing and banging noises. Her favorite ones were the purple ones. Kevin slept the entire time we were there, but we sure did have fun looking at him and ooooooohing and ahhhhhhing over him! Fat as a butterball! And speaking of fat,you may have noticed Grams has a new picture up on the side bar! My family loves this picture!!!! It is two years newer then the old one, but I think I look fatter in this one! Of course I am big, so there you go!!!!

As we drove home from Jey and Sofi's house, we noticed the clouds getting dark and angry looking! By the time we drove into my driveway, it was almost completely dark and beginning to storm. I was able to get in the house without getting too wet, and then it let loose and just poured down rain, thundered and lightning and the wind was blowing very hard! It just kept pouring down rain for ever! We thought there goes the towns fireworks display, but no! It stopped and cleared off in time for everything to go on.

About 6:00pm, Carrie called and said she was about 45 minutes from being here!! She had left Mexico early Monday morning and was on a mission to see her new baby grandson! And she did!! She said it was worth every minute of the long hard drive through the rough weather! She fell in love at first glance!!

Later on, the family all drove down to the park. We could all be together and watch the fireworks display! Oh, my it doesn't get any better then this, except when we can all be together. Sophia's, Mother is here from Mexico, also. She stayed home with baby Kevin. OKAY, I am going to digress, for a minute, my blog isn't about politics, you can read about that other places!! BUT, my grandsons have both married Mexican girls that we love dearly!! I didn't get to see my first great-grandson Mathias until he was 3 years old! They did the right thing and waited for the correct papers to come. Then they got to come to the states! It took that long to get his Mother Ale and his paperwork completed. Sophia has her paper work in order also. So, of course it made me nuts when I couldn't see Mathias for three years and then others do not go by the rules! There it is Grams is being as political as she is going to get! I think! It certainly was a wonderful 4Th! I am so Thankful for living in this great country!

5 comments:

Pearls of Wisdom said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time. I found your blog from Melanie's and it is lovely.

Smiles and Blessings,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Melanie said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Glad the rain stopped and you were able to enjoy the celebration.

Melli said...

WOW! Sounds like it was an AWESOME day! It's wonderful that your daughter got to come see that grandbaby!!! I don't think you could keep ME away from a grandbaby... I don't HAVE one yet, so I don't know for SURE... but I'm just guessing that it's NOT in my nature to be kept at bay! LOL!

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th!!! Am glad you got to see your grandson. Hope you have a great weekend.
Julie

Linda said...

I've tagged you for a fun meme. Stop by and see what it's all about.