Sunday, July 1, 2007

July 1

This is the day my Mom went to be with the Lord. She was 88 years old at the time. My Mom was born in 1903 and lived from the horse and buggy days to the computer age! She loved the Lord with her whole heart and served Him every day of her life. She taught all her chilren from the time we were tiny the ways of the Lord! I remember sitting at her knees listing to her read Blible stories. This is where I first gave my heart to Jesus.

She taught the ladies Sunday School class for years. She was a woman of God for sure and everybody loved her dearly! She was wonderful with Nancy! It has been 15 years today since she went to Heaven! We miss her so much. There is no better heritage than having parents who teach about God, loving your country, doing what is right even when it is hard! She was a good woman!

5 comments:

Jane said...

Aren't memories precious? My parents would have celebrated their 66th anniversary on July 3rd. My dad went to be with the Lord in 1998 and mother now has Alzheimer's and while she has forgotten SO much she still talks about her 'honey'!
Thanks for coming by for a visit. We go to the mountains next Sunday. I am really looking forward to it.

Melli said...

What sweet sweeeeet memories your mom made for you and left you with! You are truly blessed!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You asked a question about answering people back on their blogs the day after they have posted another blog...well if I am understanding you right you know that they get your answer in their email so they can read it there so you do not have to worry about them never being able to read your answer from a previous email. Also you know you can email people too if they have their email addresses out there for you to use. Mine is grandys45@bellsouth.net I do not mine if you would like to email me. That would be just fine anytime. Sandy

Linda A. said...

Hi Carolyn! I cannot believe it has been 15 years since your mom's death! I remember attending her service at the Baptist Church so vividly! I know how much you miss her and would love to just be able to chat with her once again. The good news is, one day you will! I am praying for you and thinking of you as you remember your mom this week! Love, Linda

Linda said...

You summed up your Mom beautifully, "She was a good woman". My Mom has been gone for 27 years and I miss her as much today as I did when she first went to be with the Lord.